Feedback & Complaints Policy
At Homes for Good we always try our hardest to do the right thing the first time and we always welcome feedback. It’s important that we know when we are doing something well, but equally important to know where there are things we need to do better as this helps us to improve our services and our standards.
Compliments & Feedback
To provide feedback, please:
- Call 0141 406 1830
- Write to Homes for Good, 123 Main Street, Bridgeton, Glasgow G40 1QD
- Email email@example.com
We always try our hardest to do the right thing the first time and we want you to tell us if you feel that we have fallen short of these standards. Complaints help us to look at where things haven’t run smoothly so that we can improve our performance.
Please tell us if:
- We fail to provide a service or if there is a delay providing it;
- We provide a poor service;
- You experience unfairness, prejudice or discrimination;
- We breach our policies or procedures;
- You are unhappy about any other aspect of your experience.
How to Complain
If you want to make a complaint, please email or write to us using the details above providing as much detail as possible about your concern.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint in writing within five working days of receiving it, giving you a named contact who will be dealing with the complaint.
Your named contact will then investigate your complaint and will send you a full and detailed written reply, including their suggestions for resolving the matter, within 20 working days or less of us receiving your complaint.
There may very occasionally be circumstances outwith our control which prevent us from adhering to these timeframes. These include:
- If the office is closed for public holidays;
- Where adverse weather or sickness has led to staff shortages;
- Where we cannot respond in full without the input of a third party (e.g. contractor, landlord, tenant) who is not available;
- Where we cannot respond in full without visiting the rental property and the tenant is restricting access;
- Where we cannot respond in full without the input of a key member of staff who is not available.
We will contact you if we are unable to respond within the timeframe and let you know when we aim to respond by.
Stage 3 – If you are not satisfied with our response
If the complaint has not been resolved under Stage 2 above or if you remain dissatisfied, you can write to us again and we will arrange for the Assistant Director to review the decision.
In this case, our Assistant Director will write to you within 10 working days of us receiving your request for a review, confirming our final position on your complaint and explaining our reasons.
Stage 4 – First-Tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing & Property Chamber)
You may apply to the First-tier Tribunal for Scotland (Housing & Property Chamber) if we have breached the Scottish Letting Agent Code of Practive and you remain dissatisfied once the above stages have been exhausted, or if we do not process your complaint within a reasonable timescale.
You can contact the Housing & Property Chamber by:
- Writing to 4th Floor, 1 Atlantic Quay, 45 Robertson Street, Glasgow G2 8JB;
- Calling 0141 302 5900;
- Going to their website at http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ssi/2016/133/schedule/made
In accordance with the code we will retain (in electronic or paper form) all correspondence about a complaint for five years.
Other Complaints Procedures
At this point, if you are still dissatisfied with our decision or the way that we dealt with your complaint, Homes for Good are a member of two professional bodies and you may invoke their complaints procedure if you remain dissatisfied once stages 1-4 above have been exhausted, or if we do not process your complaint within reasonable timescales.
These professional bodies are: